Nollywood actor Pete Edochie has dismissed the rumour that he is in support of the call by IPOB for the boycott of election in Anambra state.
Edochie issued the threat on Monday, September 12, in reaction to a purported Whatsapp message claiming he was in support of the IPOB call to boycott the coming election in Anambra, Daily Trust reports. The actor, who said he was angry over the rumour, stated that he had been silent over the issue for a while.
“I just returned from Port-Harcourt yesterday and my attention has been drawn to a publication on WhatsApp allegedly credited to me in respect of IPOB and the call to boycott elections in Anambra.
“A lot of nonsense has been ascribed to me in the past and I have maintained my peace. Now I am very angry.
“Let me warn. I don’t want to place a curse on anybody, but those who know me will tell you that if I curse it comes to pass, I am 70 years old.”
The actor said he learnt that the message linking him to IPOB originated from a certain phone number.